High Adventure Team
Welcome to the CIEC High Adventure Team (HAT) web page! We are here to provide Scout leaders the best possible training, so they will confidently lead Scouts into the outdoors. This is high adventure, the challenge that builds friendships and personal character.
And what is High Adventure? It is the WOW of challenge, mystery and discovery that keeps the boys asking for more. It's there for every age group.
Completing the LOST, Map and Compass and Basic Backpacking courses makes you High-Adventure qualified, thus making your unit eligible for the many high-adventure awards available in Southern California. Many of the courses are held in the handiest classroom site in Riverside, Wanakik Chapter House, First United Methodist Church, 4845 Brockton Ave. Chapter house is in back of the church.
Contact Rich Maschner at (951) 371-2936, e-mail email@example.com, if you would like a High Adventure course taught in your district!
Venturing youth may take HAT classes and work towards their Ranger advancement.
Additional HAT courses available by special arrangement:
Base Camp and Crew Cooking
- Friday, March 6, 2015 - TRAINING.docnbsp;- 33KB
- Tuesday, December 2, 2014 - WEB ACTIVITY FILL OUT FORM.docnbsp;- 118KB
WEB ACTIVITY FILL OUT FORM.doc
- Friday, August 8, 2014 - HAT LOST2015.pdfnbsp;- 100KB
- Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - Leave No Trace 101 May2014.pdfnbsp;- 152KB
May 31 2014
- Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - HAT Map&Compass2015.pdfnbsp;- 121KB
- Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - LITERATURE.docnbsp;- 51KB