Welcome to Internet Advancement
What is Internet Advancement? Internet Advancement is a program that allows units to record youth advancement via an online process.
How it works: From our website www.bsa-ciec.org click on Advancement then Internet Advancement and follow the instructions for creating an account.
What do I need to create an account? The Council will provide each unit with a unit ID and the unit will assign an adult (the Unit Advancement Processor) to access the program. The processor selects their own password but the unit ID never changes.
Internet Advancement, the online service for units submitting youth member advancement, has been enhanced with important new features. Among these are:
- Youth Protection Training (YPT) completed date − The last YPT completed date from the person record, if any, is displayed on the Unit Roster report. The course code is included based on the unit program type.
- View Previous Advancement Reports − This new feature provides access to the List of Reports Submitted for the unit. No longer will a unit have only one opportunity to get the advancement report online or be required to contact the council to obtain a prior report that was submitted.
- Academic and Sports Belt Loops − Cub Scout packs may enter and submit the dates on which Belt Loops have been earned by pack members. This feature is available by Multiple Person Entry and individual entry.
- Tiger Cub rank − Cub Scout packs may enter completion of the Tiger Cub rank for members who earned the award as a Tiger Cub but did not have it entered in their records.
Reports available through Internet Advancement:
- Advancement Report: Units no longer handwrite reports. Now just enter dates, submit and print. This is the official Unit Advancement Report to be signed and submitted when awards are purchased.
- Unit Awards Summary: Lists the number of new ranks, merit badges and awards by name as a shopping list.
- Unit Advancement Summary: View and print youth advancement records.
- Review Unit Roster: List current members both youth and adult. Includes the person ID for each member.
In addition to the Internet Advancement link, there is a link to Internet Advancement Help on the Council website, and a Frequently Asked Questions link which should be reviewed, with step-by-step instructions and assistance.
For more information email Advancement Clerk Janelle Agre, email@example.com or call (909) 793-2463 Ext.126 or (877) 732-1450
NOTE: Start Over: Whenever new members are added or advancements are done by the council office you must do a Start Over to update your unit. The button is located in stage 2, upper right hand corner.
NOTE: Explorer 9 and lower is the supported browser for this application.
If using IE10 or IE11, change browser settings to Compatibility Mode. To do so, go to the tool bar at the top of the page, select "Tools", then choose "Compatibility View Settings" from the list. For IE 10, place a check mark in "Display all websites". Close the window and try again.
For IE 11, if scouting.org appears in the "Add this website:" window, click the "Add" button. If scouting.org does not appear, type scouting.org in "Add this website:" then click "Add." Scouting.org will appear in the "Websites you've added to Compatibility View:" Click on the Close button and try again.
1. Click Internet Advancement on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report. (Note: when asked for your four digit unit number, for example pack 25, you must enter 0025.)
2. Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it to the council. Save a copy for your files.